Thursday, July 29, 2010

ENGLISH
Once I was afraid of writing, because I did not know how. I would avoid writing a simple letter to a loved one, a friend to whom it did not matter, because of the embarrassment I had of my writing I would never try. I always had an interest in writing, so I thought I would go to college to learn how. In my third semester of college, I had an English class, which had really helped me in my writing skills. My professor, allowed us to write with feeling to wander around in our heads and release what we find on to paper. Her teaching technique was unique.
First, she will assign reading material to read at home. The reading was the key to our writing assignments. Secondly, in class, she would write a topic on the white board then she would have us write for ten-minute free style in our journals. Thirdly, she gave us assignment: Descriptive, Narrative, Expository, and Argumentative/ Persuasive writing. Then in class, we would work shop our rough drafts, we would have four copies of our rough draft, then we would exchange them with the other students in class to read and correct if needed. Then we would correct our rough draft, and then turn in the final. She gave us the choice of what to write about. She made English seem like an art not the subject that I have been battling all my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment